80. Lot said to his people. "You commit such an abomination; no one ever has done it before.
81. "You practice sex with the men, instead of the women! Indeed, you have transgressed."
82. The only answer his people gave him was, “ Evict these people from your town; they wish to be holy.”
83. Consequently, we saved him and his family, but not his wife, for she was doomed.
84. We showered them with a miserable shower. Note the consequences for the guilty.
85. And to Midyan (we sent) their brother Shu'aib, saying, "0 my people, worship God; you have no other god besides Him. A profound sign has come to you from your Lord. Therefore, you shall give full measure and weight, and do not cheat the people out of their rights, and do not corrupt the earth after it has been set in order. This is better for you, if you are believers.
86. "Do not practice highway robbery, and do not divert others from the path of God, seeking the crooked ways. And recall that you used to be few, and He multiplied you in number, and note the consequences for the wicked.
87. "Now that some of you have believed in the message I bring, while others disbelieved, wait until God judges between us. He is the best judge."
88. The arrogant elders among his people said. "We will banish you. 0 Shu'aib, and those who follow you, from our community, unless you revert to our religion." He said, " Are you going to force us?
89. "We will be inventing lies against God, if we ever revert to your religion, after God has saved us therefrom. We will never revert, unless it is the will of God our Lord. Our Lord is fully aware of all things. We trust in God. Our Lord, judge between us and our people with the truth. You are the best judge."
90. The elders who disbelieved among his people said, "If you follow Shu'aib, you will be losers."
91. Consequently, the quake destroyed them, leaving them dead in their homes.
92. It was as though those who disbelieved Shu'aib never existed. Those who disbelieved Shu'aib were the losers.
93. As he moved away from them he said, "0 my people, I have delivered to you the messages of my Lord, and advised you. How could I grieve over disbelieving people?" [7:59-93]
(Insert drawing of Elephant and Ant)
<image alt tag= The best way to deal with Rashad Khalifa is to ignore him.>
Dr. M. T. Mehdi of the National Council of Islamic Affairs suggests to “ignore Rashad Khalifa.”