PEARLS OF WISDOM
Continued from page 3
- Persevere in any good effort and do not fear to face difficulties and
Success comes only after hardships. (2:45, 177; 94:5-8)
- Use intelligence, reason and historical precedents to understand
and carry out God’s commands.
(7:179; 8:22; 10:100; 12:111; 3:137)
- Speak the truth. Do not lie, although stratagem is allowed against
(8:7-8; 25:72; 33:70; 12:70-81)
- Enter into marriage with believers, do not marry disbelievers, and
do not commit adultery.
(5:5; 30:21; 17:32)
- Cooperate and help each other in good works; do not cooperate in evil
- Eat and drink moderately, and avoid intoxicants and gambling. (7:31;
- Dress decently. (24:30-31)
- Be kind and forgiving. (42:40,43)
- Do not ridicule or mock one another. (49:11)
- Do not ask about small and inconsequential details. (2:67-71; 5:101-102;
The above principles are prepared by the Quranic Society
of Malaysia: 80 Jalan Gajah, 11200 Tg. Bunga, Penang, Malaysia. Please
address all inquires on the subject to Kassim Ahmad at that address. His
e-mail is Kassim@pc.jaring.my
We welcome your articles as well as comments for the newsletter.
Please send them to ICS/Masjid Tucson, PO Box 43476, Tucson, AZ 85733,
USA. Electronic inquiries can be made through firstname.lastname@example.org.