Believers: The Ultimate Winners
59. We have sent Noah to his people, saying. "0 my people, you shall worship God. You have no other god besides Him. I fear for you the retribution of a profound day."
60. The leaders among his people said, "We see that you have gone astray."
61. He said. "0 my people. I have not gone astray, l am a messenger from the Lord of the universe.
62. "I deliver my Lord's messages to you, and I care about you. I have learned from God what you do not know.
63. "Is it such a wonder that a message from your Lord should come to you through a man like you? This is to alert you, and to make you righteous, that you may attain mercy."
64. They disbelieved him, and consequently, we saved him and his followers in the ark, and we drowned those who rejected our revelations; they had turned blind.
65. To the people of 'Aad, we sent their brother Hud. He said, "0 my people, you shall worship God. You have no other god besides Him. Would you not work righteousness?
66. The leaders who disbelieved among his people said, "We see that you are foolish, and we believe that you are a liar."
67. He said, "O my people, I am not foolish; I am a messenger from the Lord of the universe.
68. I deliver to you my Lord's messages, and I honestly care about you.
69. "Is it such a wonder that a message from your Lord should come to you through a man like you, in order to alert you? Remember that He made you successors after the people of Noah, and multiplied you in number. Be appreciative of God's blessings, that you may succeed."
70. They said. "Do you want us to worship God alone, and discard what our parents have worshiped? Bring the doom you threaten us with, if you are truthful."
71. He said, "You have deserved debasement from your Lord, and displeasure. Do you argue with me on behalf of idols that you made up; you and your ancestors? God never placed any authority therein. Therefore, just wait, and I too shall wait."
72. Subsequently. we saved him and his followers with our mercy, and we wiped out those who rejected our revelations and refused to believe.
73. To Thamud (we sent) their brother Saalih, saying, "0 my people, worship God; you have no other god besides Him. A profound sign has come to you from your Lord. Here is God's camel as a miracle for you; you shall allow her to eat in God's earth, and do not touch her with any harm, lest you incur a painful retribution.
74. "Remember that He made you successors after the people of 'Aad, and put you in control of the earth, building mansions in its valleys, and carving homes out of the mountains. Remember God's favors, and do not roam the earth corruptingly."
75. The arrogant elders among his people said to their subjects who believed. "Are you sure that Saalih is sent by his Lord?" They said, "We believe in the message he brought."
76. The arrogant ones said. "We reject what you believe in."
77. Subsequently, they slaughtered the camel, and rebelled against the order of their Lord, and said. "Saalih, bring the doom you threaten us with if you are really a messenger.
78. The quake then destroyed them, leaving them dead in their homes.
79. As he left them, he said, "0 my people, I have delivered my Lord's message to you, and advised you, but you dislike anyone who advises you.”