The data for Sura 2 will be 123456.....286286 instead of 286123456........286, and so on. When you come to the last sura, the data will be 1234566 instead of 6123456.
Since we are placing the number of verses in each sura at the end of the list of verse numbers in that sura, when we come to the end of the Quran we must write down the total number of verses in the Quran, which is 6234.
This means that the final number will look like this: 12345677123456789…………12345666234. The first 8 numbers (12345677) are the numbers of verses in Sura 1, followed by 7, the number of verses in the sura. The number then continues into Sura 2, following the same system, and so on till the end of the Quran.
The last 11 digits (12345666234) in the big number are the verse numbers of Sura 114, followed by the number of verses in Sura 114, followed by 6234, the total number of verses in the whole Quran.
The final number, therefore, consists of 12696 digits. This huge number, about one Kilometer long, is a multiple of 19.
What we see here is an awesome miracle that is guaranteed to convince the whole world, sooner or later, that the Quran is God's message to the world. Here is a summary of the two miracles discovered by Abdullah Arik and Feroze Karmally:
(1) Arik: If you write down the number of verses in every sura, followed by the number of each verse, all the way to the end of the Quran, you will end up with a very long number consisting of 12692 digits. This very long number looks like this:
Both the number of digits (12692) and the very long number itself are divisible by 19.
(2) Karmally: If you reverse the system and write down the number of each verse in every sura, followed by the number of verses in the sura, and do this all the way to the end of the Quran, you must then place the total number of verses in the whole Quran at the end of this very long number. You will finally have a number consisting of 12696 digits and looking like this:
This very very long number is a multiple of 19.
The massive computer printouts for all these numbers -- the numbers are so huge, no one can name them -- can be viewed at Masjid Tucson.
As mentioned above, the computer program that handles these numbers is very simple, and we will be glad to send it to anyone who asks for it.
It is noteworthy that the individuals who had trouble with the counts of letters in the Quran, will no longer have any difficulty appreciating the fact that God's miracle in the Quran is "One of the greatest miracles" (74:30-35). As shown here, and in the past issues of M.P., the numbers of suras and verses, not the letters, constitute an awesome miracle in its own right.
For the readers who missed some of the profound phenomena connected with this incredible miracle, here is a quick and condensed update. The full details are found in Appendix 1 of my new translation: QURAN: THE FINAL TESTAMENT, Islamic Productions, 1989:
1. The word "Allah" (God) occurs in the Quran 2698 times, 19x142.
2. Take all the verses wherever you see the word "Allah." Add up the numbers of these verses; the total is 118123, 19x6217.
3. "The Quran" occurs in the Quran 57 times (19x3), in 38 suras (19x2), and if you add the verse numbers wherever you see "The Quran" the total comes to 2660 (19x140).
4. If you add the total of verse numbers where "The Quran" is found (2660), plus the number of suras where "The Quran" is found (38), you get 2698, exactly the number of the word "Allah" in the Quran.
5. The Quran's message is "Worship God ALONE." The word "ALONE" (in Arabic 'Wahdahu') occurs in reference to God in 7:70, 39:45, 40:12 & 84, and 60:4 (see the famous INDEX TO THE WORDS OF QURAN, Page 745). If you add these numbers, you get 361, 19x19.
6. The Quranic initials (such as A.L.M.) that prefix 29 suras occur in their suras in multiples of 19, without a single exception.
7. The numbers mentioned in the Quran are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11,12, 19, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 99, 100, 200, 300, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 50000, and 100000. The sum of these numbers is 162146, 19x8534.
This is only a tiny sample from this extremely vast miracle. It takes no less than divine intervention to prevent any reader from falling prostrate before the Almighty Author of the Quran and fully appreciate God's assertions that this 19-based miracle is indeed:
“One of the Greatest Miracles" (74:30-35).